Flybe in £9m brand repositioning
Flybe, the biggest regional carrier operating across Europe, is undertaking a £9m marketing repositioning to distance itself from negative perceptions of the low-cost airline model.
Flybe campaign: 'Making flying better'
The campaign, created by ad agency Souk, encompasses TV, press, outdoor, radio and digital. It introduces the strap-line: ‘Making flying better.’
The fresh positioning primarily targets business travellers, who account for about 45% of Flybe’s customer base. The strategy emulates easyJet’s focus on this audience.
It will promote an overhaul of the airline’s product offering including a three-tier ticketing price-model – ‘Essentials’, ‘New Economy’ and ‘Economy Plus’. These clearly display the differences in price and advantages and an improved baggage allowance scheme.
Speaking to Marketing, Simon Lilley, Flybe UK’s marketing director, said that the aim was to present the airline as a ‘transparent and upfront’ brand. ‘We need to ensure people understand we are better than the perceived nastiness of the low-cost model,’ he added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London