Strongbow shifts ad strategy to aspirational message
Strongbow, the UK’s biggest-selling cider, is aiming to become a more aspirational brand with the launch of a multimillion-pound ad campaign.
Strongbow: shift in strategy
Next week (30 April) it will unveil a fresh creative strategy that introduces the strapline ‘Strongbow. Earn it.’
The TV ad, which pays homage to the ‘Britflick’ gangster genre, tells the story of members of a wedding band ‘earning’ their pints of Strongbow. In recent years the brand’s ads have used the theme of ‘hard graft’ and focused on manual workers.
Explaining the change, Lucy Henderson, the Strongbow brand manager at Heineken UK, said: ‘The whole cider category is growing and changing so quickly and cider is becoming more aspirational. We’re going for a younger target audience, the new consumers that are coming in.’
The campaign, created by St Luke’s, will also run across outdoor, video-on-demand and experiential.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Client Account Manager - Mobile Advertising Digital Gurus £30000 - £36000 per annum + bonus, negotiable, benefits, London
- Mobile Solutions Architect ( EMEA ) #Mobile - London Digital Gurus £60000 - £70000 per annum + Negotiable upon experience, City of London
- Mobile Project Manager - (Mobile Web / Mobile Applications) Digital Gurus £45000 - £57000 per annum + benefits, package, London
- INTEGRATED agency - South West London - ACCOUNT MANAGER or Senior Account Manager x 2 - £27k-35K Judi Patton £27k-£35k, South West London
- Media Account Director - Mobile Display Advertising Digital Gurus £50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London