Strongbow shifts ad strategy to aspirational message
Strongbow, the UK’s biggest-selling cider, is aiming to become a more aspirational brand with the launch of a multimillion-pound ad campaign.
Strongbow: shift in strategy
Next week (30 April) it will unveil a fresh creative strategy that introduces the strapline ‘Strongbow. Earn it.’
The TV ad, which pays homage to the ‘Britflick’ gangster genre, tells the story of members of a wedding band ‘earning’ their pints of Strongbow. In recent years the brand’s ads have used the theme of ‘hard graft’ and focused on manual workers.
Explaining the change, Lucy Henderson, the Strongbow brand manager at Heineken UK, said: ‘The whole cider category is growing and changing so quickly and cider is becoming more aspirational. We’re going for a younger target audience, the new consumers that are coming in.’
The campaign, created by St Luke’s, will also run across outdoor, video-on-demand and experiential.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Group Account Director, Digital role, fashion and beauty brand, £80k MODA consult £80k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Head of Digital Marketing - Nottingham Trent University Stopgap £70000 - £79500 per annum + benefits, Nottingham
- Senior Research Executive - Boutique Research Agency NG Digital Marketing up to £35k, Central London
- Consumer Insight Manager - FMCG Company NG Digital Marketing £55 per annum + car, benefits, London