Strongbow shifts ad strategy to aspirational message
Strongbow, the UK’s biggest-selling cider, is aiming to become a more aspirational brand with the launch of a multimillion-pound ad campaign.
Strongbow: shift in strategy
Next week (30 April) it will unveil a fresh creative strategy that introduces the strapline ‘Strongbow. Earn it.’
The TV ad, which pays homage to the ‘Britflick’ gangster genre, tells the story of members of a wedding band ‘earning’ their pints of Strongbow. In recent years the brand’s ads have used the theme of ‘hard graft’ and focused on manual workers.
Explaining the change, Lucy Henderson, the Strongbow brand manager at Heineken UK, said: ‘The whole cider category is growing and changing so quickly and cider is becoming more aspirational. We’re going for a younger target audience, the new consumers that are coming in.’
The campaign, created by St Luke’s, will also run across outdoor, video-on-demand and experiential.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...