Lads' mag Loaded on the block as Vitality falls into administration
Lads' mag Loaded is up for sale for the second time in two years after its owner, Vitality Publishing, fell into administration last week.
Loaded: magazine up for sale asV itality Publishing goes into administration
Vitality went into administration last week after running up a bill of almost £1m with creditors. Cooper Young has been appointed to sell off Vitality's last publishing assets and have confirmed that the process of administration is underway.
A spokesman for Cooper Young said that so far, two third parties had declared an interest, but would not comment any further.
The news signals another testing time for the magazine, which saw its circulation in January 2011 fall to 37,281.
Loaded's most recent sales figures showed a 30% year-on-year decline to an average monthly circulation of 34,505 in the second half of 2011.
Vitality Publishing, the former owner of Women's Fitness and gay lifestyle magazine Attitude, acquired Loaded and three other titles from IPC Publishing in 2010.
Most recent financial figures for Vitality filed at Companies House show revenues of £4.2m and a pre-tax profit of £30,858 in the nine months to the end of September.
The company owed creditors £976,819 as of 30 September and had a wage bill of £1.25m for the period.
Vitality has been in sell-off mode since last summer. The Companies House filing showed it made £753,813 from selling title rights during the financial period to the end of September.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Planner Source £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits & ongoing training, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...