Netflix widens distribution to Sony Entertainment Network
Sony has partnered with Netflix to add the online film-streaming service to its Entertainment Network, enabling users to watch the service via an application on a range of Sony devices in the UK.
Netflix: expands its distribution via link-up with the Sony Entertainment Network
From 24 April, Netflix will be available on Sony Bravia, Blu-ray players, Network Media players and Playstation 3.
Netflix's move presents a further challenge to LoveFilm in the UK, which already has an existing relationship with Sony.
Netflix, which launched in the UK at the start of the year, now claims to have 23 million members across the world.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Fashion Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Mobile Phone Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone and Benefits!, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - £28k - Big Budgets! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Creative Thinker - Senior Planner Buyer - £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Media Planner Buyer- £30k- Independent Agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, London