Ex-FHM editor Needham leads football betting mag launch
Grand Parade, the agency led by former FHM and Rolling Stone editor Ed Needham, has created a new football betting magazine, Citibet, which will launch this Friday.
Citibet, edied by Ed Needham, launches on Friday, 27 April
Funded, published and distributed by Citipost, the private fulfillment and delivery company, Citibet will be handed out by street merchandisers across key underground and mainline stations, targeting high-worth City professionals.
Further copies will be available in financial, legal and marketing company offices around the Square Mile and Docklands via Citipost’s Direct Distribution network, with major London airport business lounges and key London midweek football fixtures also being targeted.
Citibet has already landed advertising from the major bookmaking companies Coral, Betfair, Sporting Index and William Hill with lifestyle brands also expected to appear in the first issue, which is due to have a print run of 75k.
Citibet editor Needham said: "While our core audience will be found in the City, we will cater for anyone who has an interest in football or betting.
Content will focus on ‘Weekend Football Intelligence’ with features, columns and weekend previews of domestic, European and international football.
The commercial operation for Citibet is led by sales and marketing manager Jim Sinstadt, whose previous experience includes working for a number of years at the Racing Post.
Citipost is owned by Danny Charlesworth, who also owns and breeds racehorses including Crack Away Jack and Baby Mix.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...