UM London takes FSCS communications planning account
UM London has been awarded the communications planning account for the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), taking the business from incumbent Mindshare.
FSCS: appoints UM London to handle its communications planning account
The win will remove the planning account from the WPP-owned agency, but buying will still be handled by WPP through its specialist government agency, M4C.
The process was conducted by Michelle Rajendran, the FCSC marketing manager and the appointment follows a three-way pitch which included UM London, Mindshare and Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The FSCS was launched in 2000 to help savers who have lost money that had been invested with banks.
UM London will now be tasked with launching the second phase of an awareness campaign, which was launched in the first quarter of 2011. Part of the brief stated that the FSCS was looking for an agency that could engage audiences with a "low-interest subject matter".
Mark Oakes, head of communications for FSCS, said: "We are delighted to appoint UM London to our communications planning business following a tough, high calibre pitch. We were particularly impressed by their strategic thinking which we believe will take us to the next level in our consumer awareness campaign."
The organisation last held a pitch for its communications planning in 2009. McCann Manchester, which holds the creative business, is not affected by the review.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...