Lego recruits Ben Fogle as first celebrity 'face' of brand
Lego has appointed presenter and adventurer Ben Fogle as the first celebrity face of its toy ranges in the UK.
Ben Fogle: teams up with Lego
Fogle will front 'The Great Forest Escape' social media campaign for the rest of the year and was chosen for his reputation as an adventurer, which he has created through expeditions including trekking to the South Pole with Olympic gold medallist James Cracknell.
The social media campaign for the Forest Police products, the latest sub-theme in the Lego City range, has been led by media agency Carat.
Activity will invite parents and children to submit Forest Police-inspired Lego builds and artwork via Facebook up until 30 April.
All entrants will be entered into a daily prize draw for Forest Police products, alongside a grand prize draw being a weekend away for 15 families at the Legoland Discovery Centre in Manchester with Ben Fogle.
Laura Di Bonaventura, senior brand manager at Lego UK, said: "This is the biggest campaign in history for the Lego City brand.
"The new Forest Police range opens up a spectrum of new settings, allowing us to take the brand’s story line from its everyday classic setting to even more adventurous experiences in the forest."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire