Npower kicks off £9 million creative and media review
Npower has called a review of its £9 million creative and media accounts.
Npower: moving towards a model of working with agencies on a project basis
The energy company has placed its roster of communications agencies on notice, with a view to holding a pitch, which will be open to both roster and non-roster shops.
Npower’s roster includes VCCP Blue, which handles creative work, its media agency, Vizeum, and the digital shop LBi.
The company said in a statement that it aims to move towards a model of working with agencies on a project, rather than a retained, basis.
VCCP Blue picked up npower’s consolidated advertising account, including advertising, direct marketing and online, in 2009 after a roster review. However, its recent work has mainly focused on above-the-line activity.
Debbie Britton, who joined npower from Axa at the start of the year as the director of customer marketing, is handling the review. She joined npower with a mandate to "rebuild trust" in the brand.
Activity by VCCP for npower includes its "get smart this winter" campaign, featuring animated characters created in conjunction with Aardman. The ads showed a customer-service character speculating about calls for boiler repairs on a snowy morning.
An npower spokeswoman said: "We are currently working hard to get the best possible value for money.
"VCCP Blue remains on the roster of approved agencies for npower and we hope to continue working with them on projects in the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...