The battle of the supermarkets has begun.
Co-op up for pitch
The Co-operative has already warned agencies lining up for its £50 million advertising account that they have to choose between itself and Tesco. The shops on the shortlist for the Co-op contest, which is being handled by AAR, are CHI & Partners, DDB UK, Leo Burnett and Now. Tesco, which is pitching through Oystercatchers, is expected to ask three agencies to compete, but the final presentations won't be until late June.
Adidas has shortlisted agencies for the final round of its global World Cup 2014 pitch. In a blow to the incumbent, Sid Lee, the shop has been knocked out along with Bartle Bogle Hegarty, leaving Mother, TBWA\Worldwide and DDB to compete for the business.
Muller Dairy, which this week welcomed its new marketing director, Michael Inpong, is understood to have shortlisted VCCP, Beattie McGuinness Bungay, Leo Burnett and Mother to compete for its £25 million advertising account. Pitches to Inpong are taking place next week.
Coral, which has kicked off its advertising pitch, has chosen eight agencies to go through to the chemistry stage. They all submitted a tender document this week and have been asked to present this document next week. Three shops will then be chosen to pitch. The brand is telling agencies that it wants to relaunch as a major player in the betting industry, in the mould of William Hill.
A result on the Kronenbourg 1664 advertising review could be announced by Friday. CHI & Partners, JWT London, Ogilvy & Mather and WCRS all pitched this Monday and Tuesday in a process handled by AAR.
Pitches for the massive global Unilever communications planning business took place last week - our spies tell us that Mindshare's presentation was lent some extra gravitas by the presence of WPP's boss, Sir Martin Sorrell.
And agencies say that Creativebrief has a sports sponsorship assignment from a FTSE 100 company, but they are waiting for details.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...