Stuff Magazine goes interactive with Blippar
Haymarket Media Group's Stuff magazine has become the latest title to create an interactive print edition by using image recognition platform Blippar.
Stuff magazine: creates interactive edition with Blippar app
The May issue, which is on sale now, contains opportunities throughout its pages to bring its content to life with the free Blippar app, including exclusive video content, galleries and competitions.
In addition, the issue also carries "blippable" ads and advertorial for the likes of LG 3D TVs and Taylor Made Golf clubs.
The monthly magazine, which focuses on the latest gadgets and consumer technology, has a circulation of more than 80,000.
Previous titles to partner with Blippar for interactive issues include IPC Media's Nuts and Future's Total Film.
In February, Blippar launched Blipp to Buy, its service for media owners to monetise purchases made through the app of products featured in their editorial or advertising.
Stephen Shaw, opportunities director for Blippar, said: "Publishers are increasingly appreciating the potential for our platform to make their magazines more exciting, engaging and interactive for readers.
"We can even enable readers to buy the products they're reading about with a couple of touches on their smart-devices, but, critically, all interactions and click-throughs are underpinned by Blippar's bespoke analytics.
"This is a hugely powerful platform for publishers and very appealing to readers who are naturally interested in cutting-edge technology like ours."
The recent Fipp report highlighted the various innovations such as Blippar, which are becoming increasingly popular with publishers seeking to make print mags more appealing to readers.
Haymarket Media Group is the owner of Media Week and Brand Republic.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...