Lurpak and Last.Fm launch music selector for cooks
Lurpak, the Arla-owned butter brand, has partnered with Last.Fm to create the Foodbeats tool, which recommends music to listen to while cooking.
Lurpak: 2011 'lightest' TV campaign
The Foodbeats tool by digital agency Outside Line launches today (30 April). It uses Last.Fm's music discovery "scrobbling" technology, to create a personalised music playlist via a standalone site.
The service is being promoted on Twitter, Facebook and blogger outreach.
Samantha Peel, brand manager at Lurpak, said: "More and more people are passionate about food and cooking. In a modern kitchen people are not only cooking, they're online searching for recipes, tips and listening to their favourite music."
The initiative launches shortly after Lurpak rolled out a £10m campaign to support its new Lightest Spreadable product, which aligns itself with healthy eating.
As part of this activity, it recently struck a year long partnership with The Observer Food Monthly, in a deal brokered by Carat.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...