Lurpak and Last.Fm launch music selector for cooks
Lurpak, the Arla-owned butter brand, has partnered with Last.Fm to create the Foodbeats tool, which recommends music to listen to while cooking.
Lurpak: 2011 'lightest' TV campaign
The Foodbeats tool by digital agency Outside Line launches today (30 April). It uses Last.Fm's music discovery "scrobbling" technology, to create a personalised music playlist via a standalone site.
The service is being promoted on Twitter, Facebook and blogger outreach.
Samantha Peel, brand manager at Lurpak, said: "More and more people are passionate about food and cooking. In a modern kitchen people are not only cooking, they're online searching for recipes, tips and listening to their favourite music."
The initiative launches shortly after Lurpak rolled out a £10m campaign to support its new Lightest Spreadable product, which aligns itself with healthy eating.
As part of this activity, it recently struck a year long partnership with The Observer Food Monthly, in a deal brokered by Carat.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham