Lurpak and Last.Fm launch music selector for cooks
Lurpak, the Arla-owned butter brand, has partnered with Last.Fm to create the Foodbeats tool, which recommends music to listen to while cooking.
Lurpak: 2011 'lightest' TV campaign
The Foodbeats tool by digital agency Outside Line launches today (30 April). It uses Last.Fm's music discovery "scrobbling" technology, to create a personalised music playlist via a standalone site.
The service is being promoted on Twitter, Facebook and blogger outreach.
Samantha Peel, brand manager at Lurpak, said: "More and more people are passionate about food and cooking. In a modern kitchen people are not only cooking, they're online searching for recipes, tips and listening to their favourite music."
The initiative launches shortly after Lurpak rolled out a £10m campaign to support its new Lightest Spreadable product, which aligns itself with healthy eating.
As part of this activity, it recently struck a year long partnership with The Observer Food Monthly, in a deal brokered by Carat.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London