ASA appoints P&G's Donnelly and Sainsbury's Bookbinder
The Advertising Standards Authority has appointed Roisin Donnelly and Alan Bookbinder to its ASA Council, responsible for adjudicating on complaints about ads.
Roisin Donnelly: appointed with Alan Bookbinder to the ASA Council (photo: William Davies)
Donnelly is the corporate marketing director at Procter & Gamble for the UK and Ireland, and will sit on both the non-broadcast and broadcast councils as an industry member.
Bookbinder is director of Sainsbury Family Charitable Trusts, a management and advisory role in the UK's largest charitable family foundation.
Both will assume their positions with immediate effect and replace Boots' Elizabeth Fagan and professor Gareth Jones, who have both served their maximum term of six years.
Lord Smith, chairman of the ASA, said: "I am delighted to welcome Roisin and Alan to the ASA. They bring extensive experience in the fields of marketing and ethics respectively. Their insights and knowledge will aid council immensely in judging the diverse and challenging advertising issues we grapple with on a daily basis on behalf of society".
The ASA is the independent regulator of ads across all media in the UK, and works in co-operation with advertisers, agencies and media owners who are committed to observing the Advertising Codes.
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter: @DurraniMix
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...