Mr & Mrs Smith adds hotel sub-brands
Boutique hotel brand Mr & Mrs Smith is expanding its footprint with family, business and group travel sub-brands.
Mr & Mrs Smith: adding sub-brands
The group is launching Smith & Family, Smith & Friends and Smith & Co this year to cater for family breaks, group stays and business travel.
The ventures will be funded via retail bonds, which will enable consumers to invest in the business over a fixed term. Investors will receive interest payments in either Mr & Mrs Smith loyalty money or cash.
The brand follows King of Shaves and Hotel Chocolat in turning to consumers to fund expansion.
James Lohan, chief executive of Mr & Mrs Smith, said the recession is forcing businesses to be more innovative. He added that funds will also be used to develop apps and digital and social platforms for the brand.
‘You cannot build a brand through advertising, it is about building advocacy. It is vital to bond with people, and social is an important way to build that conversation,’ he said.
The first sub-brand to launch will be Smith & Family, in October. It aims to appeal to those who have grown up with the brand and now have a family.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London