Mr & Mrs Smith adds hotel sub-brands
Boutique hotel brand Mr & Mrs Smith is expanding its footprint with family, business and group travel sub-brands.
Mr & Mrs Smith: adding sub-brands
The group is launching Smith & Family, Smith & Friends and Smith & Co this year to cater for family breaks, group stays and business travel.
The ventures will be funded via retail bonds, which will enable consumers to invest in the business over a fixed term. Investors will receive interest payments in either Mr & Mrs Smith loyalty money or cash.
The brand follows King of Shaves and Hotel Chocolat in turning to consumers to fund expansion.
James Lohan, chief executive of Mr & Mrs Smith, said the recession is forcing businesses to be more innovative. He added that funds will also be used to develop apps and digital and social platforms for the brand.
‘You cannot build a brand through advertising, it is about building advocacy. It is vital to bond with people, and social is an important way to build that conversation,’ he said.
The first sub-brand to launch will be Smith & Family, in October. It aims to appeal to those who have grown up with the brand and now have a family.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...