Mr & Mrs Smith adds hotel sub-brands
Boutique hotel brand Mr & Mrs Smith is expanding its footprint with family, business and group travel sub-brands.
Mr & Mrs Smith: adding sub-brands
The group is launching Smith & Family, Smith & Friends and Smith & Co this year to cater for family breaks, group stays and business travel.
The ventures will be funded via retail bonds, which will enable consumers to invest in the business over a fixed term. Investors will receive interest payments in either Mr & Mrs Smith loyalty money or cash.
The brand follows King of Shaves and Hotel Chocolat in turning to consumers to fund expansion.
James Lohan, chief executive of Mr & Mrs Smith, said the recession is forcing businesses to be more innovative. He added that funds will also be used to develop apps and digital and social platforms for the brand.
‘You cannot build a brand through advertising, it is about building advocacy. It is vital to bond with people, and social is an important way to build that conversation,’ he said.
The first sub-brand to launch will be Smith & Family, in October. It aims to appeal to those who have grown up with the brand and now have a family.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...