The National Trust turns to Facebook for Great British Day Out
The National Trust is launching a campaign that encourages Facebook users to design a 'Great British Day Out', in a drive to target a younger audience by displaying the variety of its venues.
National Trust: targets younger audience via social media network
It has launched a Facebook app, created by e3, which enables users to select a National Trust destination, such as a beach, pub or island, choose a theme, such as a party or a romantic occasion, and invite their friends on the social network.
Once users submit their 'Great Day Out', they can share it with friends on Facebook and Twitter. The top 20 days out voted for by Facebook users will be shortlisted to be judged by the National Trust, and the winner will have their day out made a reality.
The National Trust is promoting the competition with Sponsored Story ads on Facebook, to encourage users to share it with their friends. In addition, the organisation will undertake blogger outreach, online advertising and Twitter activity.
The National Trust is not new to social media. Last year, it launched an experiment called My Farm, in which it gave 10,000 people control of one of its working farms, through an online subscription.
Last month, it appointed 18 Feet & Rising as its ad agency, tasked to develop an overarching brand strategy to deliver the charity's core charitable purpose, while broadening its appeal.
llow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...