Ocado director warns Olympics will 'bugger up' summer business
Ocado commercial director Jason Gissing has warned the disruption caused by the London Olympics and Diamond Jubilee will 'bugger up' the online retailer's business.
Ocado: Olympics will 'bugger up' business
Gissing said Ocado will run marketing activity that is relevant to the high-profile events, but was also quick to point out their disruptive effect.
‘[The Jubilee and the Olympics will] really bugger up our business because you have restricted traffic routes through London and other cities, making our lives harder because we deliver food to people’s homes,’ Gissing told Marketing.
His comments are the latest from London-based businesses expressing concerns about mobility through the capital during the Games.
The British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) has stressed efforts must be made in partnership with Transport for London to overcome logistical supply challenges.
Earlier in the year BBPA chief executive Brigid Simmonds said: ‘It is hugely important that pubs do not run dry and beer can be properly distributed despite road closures for Olympic lanes and local roads.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...