Ocado director warns Olympics will 'bugger up' summer business
Ocado commercial director Jason Gissing has warned the disruption caused by the London Olympics and Diamond Jubilee will 'bugger up' the online retailer's business.
Ocado: Olympics will 'bugger up' business
Gissing said Ocado will run marketing activity that is relevant to the high-profile events, but was also quick to point out their disruptive effect.
‘[The Jubilee and the Olympics will] really bugger up our business because you have restricted traffic routes through London and other cities, making our lives harder because we deliver food to people’s homes,’ Gissing told Marketing.
His comments are the latest from London-based businesses expressing concerns about mobility through the capital during the Games.
The British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) has stressed efforts must be made in partnership with Transport for London to overcome logistical supply challenges.
Earlier in the year BBPA chief executive Brigid Simmonds said: ‘It is hugely important that pubs do not run dry and beer can be properly distributed despite road closures for Olympic lanes and local roads.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...