Sanofi Pasteur hands Open Road vaccine brief
The UK's largest vaccines manufacturer, Sanofi Pasteur MSD, has appointed Open Road as its retained public affairs agency.
Disease prevention: Sanofi wants to increase uptake of vaccines
The agency has been briefed to target UK healthcare stakeholders at all levels, with a central focus on increasing understanding of the value of vaccination among legislators.
The two-year retained account will require the agency to influence national and local government, clinicians and other public health bodies.
This includes the new national commissioning board responsible for planning and managing immunisation programmes against diseases such as flu, and the new local health and wellbeing boards headed by local authorities.
Open Road is also charged with increasing the uptake of vaccines in the areas where it is currently low.
Emma Haselhurst, associate director at Open Road, said: ‘It is a cash-strapped time in the NHS but the role of immunisation is being recognised for its value as one of the best techniques in terms of public and disease prevention. Our brief is to target policy makers in the broadest terms.’
Sanofi Pasteur MSD associate director, government & policy affairs, Anne Ruglys said Open Road had impressed with its health policy knowledge.
Open Road, which bagged the account after a competitive pitch against two other agencies, was awarded a PA brief to raise awareness of VTE, also known as deep vein thrombosis, by Sanofi in February.
Chief executive Graham McMillan will lead the account, with associate directors Andrew Hobson and Haselhurst heading the account on a day-to-day basis.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Planner Direct Recruitment Up to £50,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...