McDonald's prepares Great Tastes of America menu
McDonald's is launching an ad campaign to promote its annual 'Great Tastes of America' burger promotion.
The four-week campaign by Leo Burnett launches today (1 May). It visits the same quintessentially British town four times to see how the customers react to the introduction of a different American-themed burger each week in their local McDonald's.
Each week, the townsfolk will adopt a different icon from American culture as they pay a humble but humorous tribute to the Texas BBQ, the Chicago Supreme, the Arizona Nacho Grande and the New York Classic burgers, respectively.
The four near identical 30-second spots will feature the same set of characters, who will change their outfits every week as they decorate the town with Texan Cowboy gear, Chicago theatre props, Arizona cacti and an iconic New York yellow taxi.
The first ad will promote the Texas BBQ and launches during 'Emmerdale' on ITV1 tonight.
The TV and print campaign was created by Steve Robertson and Laurie Smith. The creative director was Adam Tucker, and the executive creative director was Justin Tindall.
Jim Gilchrist at MJZ directed the TV commercial, while the print campaign was photographed by James Day.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London