McDonald's prepares Great Tastes of America menu
McDonald's is launching an ad campaign to promote its annual 'Great Tastes of America' burger promotion.
The four-week campaign by Leo Burnett launches today (1 May). It visits the same quintessentially British town four times to see how the customers react to the introduction of a different American-themed burger each week in their local McDonald's.
Each week, the townsfolk will adopt a different icon from American culture as they pay a humble but humorous tribute to the Texas BBQ, the Chicago Supreme, the Arizona Nacho Grande and the New York Classic burgers, respectively.
The four near identical 30-second spots will feature the same set of characters, who will change their outfits every week as they decorate the town with Texan Cowboy gear, Chicago theatre props, Arizona cacti and an iconic New York yellow taxi.
The first ad will promote the Texas BBQ and launches during 'Emmerdale' on ITV1 tonight.
The TV and print campaign was created by Steve Robertson and Laurie Smith. The creative director was Adam Tucker, and the executive creative director was Justin Tindall.
Jim Gilchrist at MJZ directed the TV commercial, while the print campaign was photographed by James Day.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...