Ogilvy PR hires Daybreak's consumer editor Phil Reay-Smith
Ogilvy PR has hired Phil Reay-Smith, consumer editor of ITV's Daybreak, as its media chief.
Phil Reay-Smith: joins as head of media for Ogilvy PR/London
Reay-Smith joins today in the newly created role head of media for Ogilvy PR/London.
He has more than a decade of newsroom experience both in broadcast and writing for national newspapers, working for ITN and EuroNews among others.
Reay-Smith will be charged with improving how the agency works with the media and enabling clients to engage more effectively with them. He will also serve as a key member of the London leadership team alongside recently appointed UK MD Michael Frohlich.
Frohlich commented: ‘Media relations are a critical part of our growing and ambitious company as we continue to drive influence at an ever increasing scale. We are excited to have a senior media figure join us with such impressive contacts across broadcasting and beyond, who is skilled in formulating stories and pitching them to a variety of audiences.’
Reay-Smith added: ‘Having worked closely and regularly with PR teams as consumer editor at Daybreak, moving into communications has been a long-term career goal, and I am thrilled to be joining such a globally recognised company at a time when its momentum is so high.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30,000 TO £40,000, Macclesfield
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...