M&S creates two senior marketing roles to boost fashion
Marks & Spencer is creating two new head of brand roles who will report into brand director Rob Weston, to bolster its general merchandise marketing team.
M&S: creates two senior marketing roles
Once the new roles have been filled the retailer will have six heads of brands for general merchandise, compared to three heads of brands for food.
The search for additional heads of brands comes after sales of general merchandise dipped 2.8% in the quarter to 31 March.
In contrast, the retailer's food offering continues to grow with sales increasing by 1.0% during the same period.
In February, incumbent brand director for general merchandise Alison Jones stepped down after less than a year in the role. Her responsibilities being taken on by food brand director Rob Weston.
Steve Sharp, executive director of marketing at M&S, said: "We will not be replacing Ali Jones directly. Rob Weston has taken over the head of that function and the [head of brand] roles we are appointing are more roles underneath Rob to spread out the work."
The six general merchandise brand chiefs will divide up the retailer's clothing brands between them, which include Autograph, Limited Collection, per una, North Coast, Collezione, Blue Harbour, M&S Man, M&S Woman, Classics, Indigo and Savile Row Inspired.
The incumbent heads of brands include Victoria Franks, Usama Al-Qassab, Julie Guckian and Lucy Calver.
Calver is currently on maternity leave. Her role is being covered by Jane O'Keith.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...