Manchester City kicks off kid-friendly overhaul
Manchester City is launching a major initiative that will develop its junior membership scheme, content and strategy, to boost the club's appeal to children.
Manchester City: appoints John Brown to revamp its membership scheme
The football club, which is currently top of the Barclays Premier League, has appointed customer publisher John Brown to work on a high-profile brief, as it bids to become a more family friendly club.
Manchester City has been proactive in undertaking initiatives to drive up its domestic and global fan base.
Julian Pate, head of marketing at the football club, said: "Our progress on the pitch clearly needs to be matched by how we engage with our young fans, as well as how we grow the UK and worldwide Manchester City following of the future.
"We have big aspirations to develop a 'best in class' kids' experience."
The brief for John Brown is wide-ranging and includes an overhaul of its website, including the creation of exclusive digital content, along with new print developments.
The changes are planned to go ahead this summer, before the start of the next football season.
John Brown won the brief ahead of two undisclosed rival agencies.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...