Burson-Marsteller criticised over Ukraine Party of Regions brief
Burson-Marsteller has been taken to task for taking on a piece of work to represent the Ukraine's deputy prosecutor general amid international concern over the treatment of a jailed opposition leader.
Agency hire: Ukraine parliament
The agency's Brussels office has been hired by Ukraine's Party of Regions to arrange interviews for government official Renat Kuzmin in London and Europe.
Critics have suggested that this should not happen because Kuzmin is a civil servant and therefore appears to be receiving PR benefit from the Party of Regions.
Martin Nunn, a British national who runs Whites Communication, a PR firm in Kiev, has written to the Crown Prosecution Service in the UK to ask if Burson-Marsteller is in violation of the UK bribery act. Nunn questioned whether 'Kuzmin is getting PR benefit as a gift from the Party of Regions'.
It has been suggested that Kuzmin's interviews have been set up to discuss the jailed former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko, whose treatment has led German Chancellor Angela Merkel to say she may boycott the Euro 2012 football tournament, which the Ukraine is co-hosting.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...