Brunswick names Susan Gilchrist as group chief exec
Brunswick Group has restructured its leadership team to enable founder Alan Parker to focus more on client work.
Alan Parker: Brunswick executive chairman
The global financial and corporate agency has promoted Susan Gilchrist to the newly created position of group chief executive, based in New York, and Rob Pinker to chief operating officer, based in London and Johannesburg.
Gilchrist joined Brunswick in 1995 and relocated from London to New York in April 2010 to head up the agency's US operations. Pinker also joined the agency in 1995 and was most recently managing partner for the Middle East and Africa
Both will report directly to executive chairman Parker, who the group said in statement ‘will be freed up to take on increasing external and client facing roles’.
The agency has also announced that Michael Buckley will become US managing partner, a position previously held by Susan Gilchrist. He will work alongside Steve Lipin, US senior partner, and will be based in San Francisco.
Meanwhile, Brunswick Group has also announced it is to open its first dedicated office in Latin America. The Sao Paulo office will be Brunswick's twentieth office globally and, according to a company statement, ‘reflects a growing client base of companies in the Americas that require senior level support to address critical communications issues’.
The Sao Paulo office will be established by Thomas Kamm, who has been a Brunswick Partner since 2005, and Ana Paula Pessoa. Pessoa joins Brunswick as a partner with senior business development experience, most recently as CFO and new business director at Infoglobo, the print, internet and information bureau services business of Globo, the Brazilian media company.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...