Brunswick names Susan Gilchrist as group chief exec
Brunswick Group has restructured its leadership team to enable founder Alan Parker to focus more on client work.
Alan Parker: Brunswick executive chairman
The global financial and corporate agency has promoted Susan Gilchrist to the newly created position of group chief executive, based in New York, and Rob Pinker to chief operating officer, based in London and Johannesburg.
Gilchrist joined Brunswick in 1995 and relocated from London to New York in April 2010 to head up the agency's US operations. Pinker also joined the agency in 1995 and was most recently managing partner for the Middle East and Africa
Both will report directly to executive chairman Parker, who the group said in statement ‘will be freed up to take on increasing external and client facing roles’.
The agency has also announced that Michael Buckley will become US managing partner, a position previously held by Susan Gilchrist. He will work alongside Steve Lipin, US senior partner, and will be based in San Francisco.
Meanwhile, Brunswick Group has also announced it is to open its first dedicated office in Latin America. The Sao Paulo office will be Brunswick's twentieth office globally and, according to a company statement, ‘reflects a growing client base of companies in the Americas that require senior level support to address critical communications issues’.
The Sao Paulo office will be established by Thomas Kamm, who has been a Brunswick Partner since 2005, and Ana Paula Pessoa. Pessoa joins Brunswick as a partner with senior business development experience, most recently as CFO and new business director at Infoglobo, the print, internet and information bureau services business of Globo, the Brazilian media company.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire