UN responsible investment body brings in Lansons
A United Nations-backed organisation pushing for higher ethical standards in the global financial community has brought in Lansons Communications to help drive its mission.
United Nations: backs Principles for Responsible Investment Initiative
The Principles for Responsible Investment Initiative (PRI) has appointed the agency to provide strategic comms advice following an six-way pitch process.
PRI aims to foster the development of a more sustainable global financial system by highlighting the relevance of ESG (Environmental, social and corporate governance) factors for the world's asset managers and pension funds as well as encouraging the adoption of these issues into their investment decisions.
In less than seven years since its creation, over 1,000 investment institutions managing around US$30trn of investments have become signatories to PRI's six principles.
Lansons will report to recently appointed head of comms Matthew McAdam to advise PRI on a global basis. The brief includes supporting PRI's participation in Rio+20 conference on sustainable development in June.
The Lansons team is led by chief executive Tony Langham and associate director Charlotte Collins-White.
The Principles themselves were devised by the global investment community in 2005 after the then UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan invited a group of the world's largest institutional investors to help develop new standards.
The organisation is principally based in London, with offices in New York and across the globe.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...