Wagamama installs Blippar technology for diners
Wagamama, the restaurant chain, is using Blippar's augmented reality technology in a campaign to promote its presence at the UK's summer festivals.
Wagamama: promotes its summer festival activity
Diners in all 80 of the restaurant's outlets around the UK will be able to use the chain's free in-store Wi-Fi to find out more about the Wagamama Lounge, which will be popping up at this year's festivals.
Users can access the information by first downloading the Blippar app to their smartphones and then hovering their device over Wagamama's especially-designed placemats.
They will then be provided with links to Facebook and YouTube and will also have the opportunity to enter a competition to win a free meal at a Wagamama restaurant.
The campaign will run from 7 May to 3 June.
Wagamama began its association with festivals last year when it took the lounge to Summer Sunday and ParkLife. It has not confirmed which festivals it will visit this year.
Indgrid Williamson, director of marketing at Wagamama, said: "Our customers tend to be a bit more technologically savvy than average and they're often looking for fun things to keep themselves entertained before and during their meal."
Wagamama is the first restaurant chain to use Blippar technology. It was debuted in August last year, for a Cadbury's 'Spots V Stripes' campaign, as revealed by Marketing.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford