Wagamama installs Blippar technology for diners
Wagamama, the restaurant chain, is using Blippar's augmented reality technology in a campaign to promote its presence at the UK's summer festivals.
Wagamama: promotes its summer festival activity
Diners in all 80 of the restaurant's outlets around the UK will be able to use the chain's free in-store Wi-Fi to find out more about the Wagamama Lounge, which will be popping up at this year's festivals.
Users can access the information by first downloading the Blippar app to their smartphones and then hovering their device over Wagamama's especially-designed placemats.
They will then be provided with links to Facebook and YouTube and will also have the opportunity to enter a competition to win a free meal at a Wagamama restaurant.
The campaign will run from 7 May to 3 June.
Wagamama began its association with festivals last year when it took the lounge to Summer Sunday and ParkLife. It has not confirmed which festivals it will visit this year.
Indgrid Williamson, director of marketing at Wagamama, said: "Our customers tend to be a bit more technologically savvy than average and they're often looking for fun things to keep themselves entertained before and during their meal."
Wagamama is the first restaurant chain to use Blippar technology. It was debuted in August last year, for a Cadbury's 'Spots V Stripes' campaign, as revealed by Marketing.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Communications Co-ordinator Stopgap £26000 - £29000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...