Jaguar to air Homeland-themed ad
Jaguar has partnered with Channel 4 to air a bespoke contextual ad that plays on the themes of 'Homeland', in the final ad break of the TV drama on Sunday (6 May).
Jaguar, in a campaign planned and bought by Mindshare, will premiere the 40-second TV ad as part of its 'Alive' global brand positioning, in the first ad break of 'Homeland' on Sunday.
Following the premiere, Channel 4 will air five two-second blipverts in each of the five ad breaks during the show. The short ads show a flash of the car with the sound of a heartbeat, which will get progressively quicker.
At the end of the final ad break, as the viewers are about to find out how the series ends, Channel 4 will air the special 'Homeland'-themed ad, made by Spark 44.
Chris Cardew, strategy director, business planning, at Mindshare, said: "The partnership with Channel 4 has innovation, intrigue and integration at its heart, and has provided a fantastic platform from which to launch the new Jaguar brand proposition."
The 'How Alive Are You' campaign aims to differentiate Jaguar from its German competitors and attract a younger male audience, ahead of the launch of the XF Sportbrake this autumn, and the new F Type convertible sports car next spring.
David Amodio, agency principal at Channel 4, said: "Sometimes advertisers can become a little obsessed with trying to produce content for viewers, when there is already incredible content for them to leverage.
"Mindshare and Jaguar have cleverly identified a cult show that has captured the UK's imagination and used it to make their message and campaign more relevant to the audience who love that show.
"By empathising with viewers and their mind set while watching the drama unfold, Jaguar is making a really bold statement."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...