Boris Johnson aide Guto Harri poised to quit after Olympics
London mayor Boris Johnson's media strategist Guto Harri is set to leave his post after the Olympics.
Guto Harri: understood to have had an offer from News International
Harri is understood to have had an offer from News International, but a campaign source has suggested that he has not officially accepted the role as he wants to speak to Johnson first.
A spokesman for the Greater London Authority said: ‘All current Mayoral advisors' contracts come to an end this weekend. If Boris Johnson is re-elected, he will then decide on appointments to his top team. No decisions have yet been made.’
A well-placed source told PRWeek that Harri was set to take a role in Downing Street, but news of News International's approach has emerged today.
A spokeswoman for News International told PRWeek: ‘We have not appointed a director of comms and are not commenting on rumours.’
News International’s director of comms role has been left vacant since former interim comms director Andrew Honnor left to establish financial comms consultancy Greenbrook in February. Honnor replaced Simon Greenberg, who is on a 'permanent secondment' to NewsCorp's Management and Standards Committee.
Harri, a former BBC journalist, also briefly worked as a senior consultant at Fleishman-Hillard in 2008, before joining Johnson's campaign after just two months.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...