Wagon Wheels launches Bing map treasure hunt
Wagon Wheels, the Burton's Foods snack, is to launch a digital game using Bing maps as part of an integrated campaign designed to help the classic brand resonate with younger teenagers.
Wagon Wheels: 'the truth is in there' campaign
The online game, created by Interpublic's UM London, is part of a wider campaign, 'The Truth Is In There', by VCCP and stars three teenagers who believe their mission is to expose the alien conspiracy of what is inside Wagon Wheels.
Players will be asked to help Ben, one of the teenagers, to determine the origin of Wagon Wheels' filling by using clues provided through a simulated MSN Instant Messenger to find prizes hidden on a Bing map of the UK.
The game will encourage players to speak to each other through MSN Messenger, Facebook and a bespoke Wagon Wheels investigation hub, in order to help the teenagers prove Wagon Wheels are filed with "Martian mallow".
Simon King, head of marketing at Burton's Biscuit Company, said: "Our campaign has prompted huge levels of engagement. The Bing partnership takes things a step further and allows our audience to join the investigation alongside the stars of the wider campaign."
Aaron Robb, digital planner at UM London, said: "Our Bing game allows teenagers to get completely immersed in the Wagon Wheels 'The Truth Is In There' campaign, and gives them the chance to play their own part in the mission.
"We have used a range of digital platforms to involve our core audience – and will be using Microsoft Hotmail and Live Messenger to extend our reach to our core teen audience."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...