Nectar introduces Gift Horse brand character to promote online discounts
Loyalty scheme Nectar is introducing a brand character called 'Gift Horse', as part of an integrated campaign to promote its eShops online discounts portal.
Nectar: Gift Horse character to promote eShops online discount portal
A TV ad created by G2 Joshua introduces the brand character, which is a cuddly toy horse.
It directs internet shoppers to Nectar's eShop, where they can use Nectar points to get discounts from over 500 brands including Debenhams, easyJet and eBay.
It tells the viewer "not to look a gift horse in the mouth" by missing opportunities to save money.
According to a spokesman, it is the largest marketing push Nectar has made to promote the portal, with it being the first time it has advertised eShops on TV.
The ad breaks on Friday (11 May) and runs for three weeks on channels including ITV, Channel 4 and Living. MediaVest handled the media for the campaign.
The ad will be supported by social media activity. As well as promoting eShops on Twitter, it will be launching a Spin to Win game on Facebook where players have the opportunity to win 1,000 Nectar points daily.
The new brand character will be integrated across Nectar.com and the eShops homepage.
In March, Confused.com announced it was expanding its partnership with Nectar across its entire product range, while Sainsbury's announced in February it was extending its long-term partnership for another seven years.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Talented Mixed Methodology Researchers- Boutique Innovative Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £27000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Strategy Director with Global Media Network Gemini Search £75000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Executive/Junior Account Executive fishtank £17000 - £22000 per annum, Surrey
- PR Account Director, B2B, German Speaking, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London