Nectar introduces Gift Horse brand character to promote online discounts
Loyalty scheme Nectar is introducing a brand character called 'Gift Horse', as part of an integrated campaign to promote its eShops online discounts portal.
Nectar: Gift Horse character to promote eShops online discount portal
A TV ad created by G2 Joshua introduces the brand character, which is a cuddly toy horse.
It directs internet shoppers to Nectar's eShop, where they can use Nectar points to get discounts from over 500 brands including Debenhams, easyJet and eBay.
It tells the viewer "not to look a gift horse in the mouth" by missing opportunities to save money.
According to a spokesman, it is the largest marketing push Nectar has made to promote the portal, with it being the first time it has advertised eShops on TV.
The ad breaks on Friday (11 May) and runs for three weeks on channels including ITV, Channel 4 and Living. MediaVest handled the media for the campaign.
The ad will be supported by social media activity. As well as promoting eShops on Twitter, it will be launching a Spin to Win game on Facebook where players have the opportunity to win 1,000 Nectar points daily.
The new brand character will be integrated across Nectar.com and the eShops homepage.
In March, Confused.com announced it was expanding its partnership with Nectar across its entire product range, while Sainsbury's announced in February it was extending its long-term partnership for another seven years.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...