Jaffa Cakes poised to introduce first milk-chocolate variety
The Jaffa Cake, which has been covered in dark chocolate for more than 80 years, could be set to introduce a chocolate variety.
Jaffa Cakes: milk-chocolate version could be on the way
Owner United Biscuits is currently working on a possible milk-chocolate alternative to the original version.
Should it launch this year, a milk-chocolate Jaffa Cake is likely to be supported by a significant marketing support.
The original dark-chocolate version has been made since 1927 and United Biscuits produces nearly 1.2 billion of them each year.
Philippa Tiley, McVitie's brand manager, confirmed the company was testing an alternative.
Tiley told The Sunday Telegraph: "We've never done a milk-chocolate Jaffa Cake, and most people are a bit surprised and confused we don't."
United Biscuits has previously introduced variants including strawberry and blackcurrant limited editions.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Web Analyst / Optimisation Manager EMR £52000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Producer / Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: +package, Manchester
- Junior Account Manager [Direct & Digital Marketing] - Superb Agency - to £27k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £27k + great benefits, Soho. London