Jaffa Cakes poised to introduce first milk-chocolate variety
The Jaffa Cake, which has been covered in dark chocolate for more than 80 years, could be set to introduce a chocolate variety.
Jaffa Cakes: milk-chocolate version could be on the way
Owner United Biscuits is currently working on a possible milk-chocolate alternative to the original version.
Should it launch this year, a milk-chocolate Jaffa Cake is likely to be supported by a significant marketing support.
The original dark-chocolate version has been made since 1927 and United Biscuits produces nearly 1.2 billion of them each year.
Philippa Tiley, McVitie's brand manager, confirmed the company was testing an alternative.
Tiley told The Sunday Telegraph: "We've never done a milk-chocolate Jaffa Cake, and most people are a bit surprised and confused we don't."
United Biscuits has previously introduced variants including strawberry and blackcurrant limited editions.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...