Paddy Power courts controversy from YouTube 'fun police'
Paddy Power is continuing to court controversy with its marketing activity with a YouTube ad that pokes fun at the "sex-starved" England football team.
Paddy Power: 'goal line technology' by Crispin Porter + Bogusky
The "goal line technology" spot has been given an over-18 restriction by YouTube, leading the gambling firm to label YouTube the "fun police".
A spokesman said: "Despite having a six figure view count and an overwhelmingly positive reaction by viewers, the fun police have decided to slap an over-18 restriction on our latest viral."
Creative shows the England team experimenting with ways to avoid girls in Poland and Ukraine distracting the footballers by fitting them with "goal line technology", which sends an alarm to new England manager Roy Hodgson.
The alarm is set off when a scientist sticks two fingers through a hole protected by lasers with the scientist later sniffing his fingers after putting them in the hole.
Crispin Porter + Bogusky created the ad.
Earlier this year, Paddy Power's "ladies day" spot, which starred members of the transgender community, was pulled by TV broadcasters after the ASA received more than 400 complaints.
The ad invited viewers to spot the "stallions" from the "mares", while the voiceover guessed whether the person on the screen was male or female.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...