Tesco extends branded portfolio content with TV plans
Tesco is in discussions with broadcasters about televising its Mum of the Year competition, as it seeks to boost its branded-content strategy.
Tesco: branded content plans
The retailer is considering several options, including broadcasting the final and making documentaries about the eight finalists’ lives. This year’s awards ceremony was held at the Waldorf Hilton Hotel in March.
As part of the drive, the retailer is looking to put ‘a lot of investment’ into the Tesco Magazine Kids’ Book Club, according to Maureen Rice, editorial director at Cedar Communications, which produces the publication.
The Kids’ Book Club is currently online-only, but the retailer is considering rolling out the scheme to events.
A Tesco Magazine iPad app is also in development, as the supermarket seeks to make
its content better reflect its multi-channel business.
‘Tesco wants to be a multi-channel retailer, so we have to be a multichannel content provider,’ said Rice.
Cedar claims Tesco Magazine is the UK’s most-read consumer/lifestyle magazine, with more than 7m readers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...