Pepsi releases 'Live For Now' ad starring Nicki Minaj
TBWA\Chiat\Day has created the debut TV ad for Pepsi's first global campaign, 'Live For Now', which features Nicki Minaj.
The "now in the moment" ad broke this weekend in America. It uses a remix of Nicki Minaj's single 'Moment 4 Life'.
The ad opens with a man and a woman simultaneously opening a can of Pepsi, at which point the busy street scene around them freezes.
The pair pass through a series of lively scenarios, from a packed beach to a fashion show where people are frozen in mid air.
The pair end up at a Nicki Minaj concert where they bring the crowd and the performers to life by opening a can of Pepsi.
Chief creative officer Rob Schwartz worked on the ad with creative director Xanthe Wells, art director Chris MacNeil, and copywriters Brett Craig and Michelle Lewis. The production company is MJZ.
The campaign is part of Pepsi's first global positioning, which seeks to align the brand closely with the entertainment industry and aims to "capture the moment of now". However, the UK roll-out date is yet to be confirmed by PepsiCo.
The first phase of the campaign, an interactive digital platform called "Pepsi Pulse", launched at the start of the month. It operates in real-time and aims to curate trending entertainment news, popular culture and content at www.pepsipulse.com.
Pepsi will integrate a series of entertainment partnerships as part of the global work, including a tie-up with Michael Jackson's estate that will see the artist's image placed on limited edition cans of the brand in over 20 countries.
A further partnership with Paramount Pictures will see a series of retail promotions, special edition cans and live events centred on pop artist Katy Perry's upcoming film, 'Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D'.
Simon Lowden, chief marketing officer at Pepsi Beverages Company, said: "Pepsi has a rich history of inspiring fans to connect with pop-culture and entertainment and providing them with unparalleled experiences in relevant, authentic, and new ways.
"We wanted to create an ad spot that is true to Pepsi's DNA and speaks to the essence of living for now."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...