EBLEX appoints BMB to promote red meat
The English Beef and Lamb Executive has appointed Beattie McGuinness Bungay to its advertising account after a pitch, ahead of a major push to support English red meat.
EBLEX: focus on quality
BMB, which also handles the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board's British Pig Executive brief, won the account after a pitch against other agencies on the AHDB roster.
TBWA\London previously handled the EBLEX ad business, having won the account in a pitch against DDB UK in February 2009.
Other AHDB roster agencies include Archibald Ingall Stretton, DDB UK, JWT London and The Red Brick Road. The body created the roster in 2010.
Recent work for EBLEX has included a print campaign highlighting quality standards, while TBWA created an iPhone app that encouraged users to cook a virtual steak.
EBLEX also invested in TV sponsorship through a deal last year with UKTV to support the food programme Matt And Allegra's Big Farm.
The body is still well-known for its "Beefy" and "Lamby" characters based on the cricketers Sir Ian Botham and Allan Lamb, introduced in TV spots by Leo Burnett in 2005.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...