RKCR/Y&R lands advertising brief for brewers association
A consortium of the nation's largest brewers has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to create a campaign to help improve the image of beer.
British Beer & Pub Association: wants to improve beer's image
RKCR/Y&R was appointed to the advertising account for the Global Brewers Initiative after a pitch against DLKW Lowe and the start-up agencies Now and 101.
The pitch process, which kicked off in January, was handled by AAR.
The initiative comprises a number of brewers working with the British Beer & Pub Association to enhance the public's attitude towards beer as part of a renewed effort to revive the struggling sector.
RKCR/Y&R will be tasked with creating a campaign to help change attitudes towards the brewing industry as a whole, with work also expected to reflect the positive approach that brewers have taken towards promoting responsible drinking.
Research suggests that beer now accounts for only 40 per cent of alcohol consumption in the UK. Less than half a century ago, that figure was more than 70 per cent.
The initiative is expected to follow similar lines to the "got milk?" advertising campaign in the US, which promotes drinking milk in general rather than any specific brand.
The British Beer & Pub Association was founded as the Brewers' Society in 1904. Its members include Anheuser-Busch Inbev, Molson Coors and Budweiser Budvar UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...