Kaspersky hands global ad account to McCann London
Kaspersky Lab, the anti-virus software manufacturer, has appointed McCann London to its international advertising account, estimated to be worth around £15 million.
Kaspersky: recent advertising featured Jackie Chan
McCann London won the business after a pitch, which kicked off in February, against OgilvyOne and Glue Isobar.
The previous global incumbent on the account was M&C Saatchi, but the agency did not repitch.
McCann will now create a global digitally focused campaign for Kaspersky, encompassing digital display, online video, social media, print and outdoor.
Recent Kaspersky activity has used the martial arts star Jackie Chan as its brand spokesman. In one global spot, Chan explores a virtual world wearing a helmet with the Kaspersky logo on it.
Another global ad, which launched last year, depicted Chan navigating through a treacherous wave with his Kaspersky-emblazoned surfboard. The company also runs several global sponsorships, including the Scuderia Ferrari racing team.
Founded in 1997, Kaspersky's consumer products include internet security, anti-virus and mobile security software.
Kaspersky has its headquarters in Moscow, with 29 regional offices in markets including the UK, Australia, Austria, Benelux, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy and Japan.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London