ITV charges a premium for Britain's Got Talent ad spots
ITV is believed to be charging up to £150,000 for 30-second spots ahead of this Saturday's final of Britain's Got Talent.
BGT: advertisers could be paying £150,000 for a spot in the final
Media agency sources indicate that advertisers are paying between £140,000 and £150,000 for late spots during the two-and-a-half-hour programme, suggesting that ITV could make around £9 million in spot advertising around the single show.
The news follows ITV's interim management statement on Wednesday, which stated that its ad revenue could rise by as much as 17 per cent in June on the back of Euro 2012 and the Jubilee.
ITV said its net ad revenue fell 1 per cent in the first three months of 2012, which it said was in line with the market.
The broadcaster indicated that it expects to outperform a "broadly flat" TV ad market in the first half of the year with a 3 per cent year-on-year rise, based on a flat April. But the company forecast a year-on-year ad revenue rise of around 6 per cent in May and between 12 per cent and 17 per cent in June.
For the first quarter of 2012, ITV reported group revenue of £565 million, up 13 per cent year on year after growth in production revenues compensated for the slight decline in TV ad revenue.
Adam Crozier, the chief executive of ITV, said that the reported increase in non-advertising revenues was in line with ITV's "strategy of rebalancing and growing the business".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Advertising Account Manager Factory Design Labs Up to CHF 80,000 Annual, Verbier, Valais, CH
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...