Brad Pitt to be new face of Chanel No 5
Chanel No 5 has signed up actor Brad Pitt to be the new face of the iconic perfume brand.
Brad Pitt: star of Moneyball to be the new face of Chanel No 5
Pitt will be the face of the upcoming advertising campaign for Chanel No 5, Chanel disclosed on Twitter.
The signing up of Pitt is thought to mark the first time that the perfume has been promoted by a man.
Chanel No 5 was launched by the French designer Coco Chanel in 1922.
The new advertising campaign is expected to start filming in London this week.
Previous films stars including Catherine Deneuve and Nicole Kidman have previously been the face of the fragrance.
The high-profile TV ad featuring Kidman in 2004 was reported to have cost $60m and was directed by 'Moulin Rouge' director Baz Luhrmann.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)