Turner Media Innovations appoints Ian Davis as business development director
Turner Media Innovations, the ad sales arm of Turner Broadcasting, has appointed Ian Davis, formerly managing director of Optimal Media Sales, to the new role of business development director.
Ian Davies: Turner Media Innovations' new business development director
In his new role Davis will be charged with expanding the range of categories advertising on Turner Broadcasting channels, especially the five-channel children's portfolio Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Cartoonito.
In particular, Davis will look to expand the number of brands within the food, leisure and apparel sectors who advertise on the children's channels and attract new advertisers to film channel TCM.
Davis will report to Andrew Mallandaine, UK sales director.
Most recently Davis has worked as a media consultant for digital TV companies such as Film 24, Electric Sofa Media (which owns the digital channels FilmGB, SofaStars and SofaScreen) and Vintage TV.
Between 2005 and September 2009 Davis was managing director of independent TV sales house Optimal Media Sales where he oversaw the launch of Golf Channel UK and Film24 and the commercial operation for Welsh channel S4C.
In his close to 30-year career, Davis spent two years as executive media director at the Diageo-owned Translucis out of home digital network, and took various roles at former ITV sales house TSMS, including sales planning director.
Mallandaine said: "Ian has incredible experience and fantastic contacts throughout the industry and will be a valued addition. Our UK business is in excellent health, delivering year-on-year growth and we want to capitalise on this success by leveraging revenue potential in new areas."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Lead Online Communications Officer Adam Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, Wilmslow
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...