Turner Media Innovations appoints Ian Davis as business development director
Turner Media Innovations, the ad sales arm of Turner Broadcasting, has appointed Ian Davis, formerly managing director of Optimal Media Sales, to the new role of business development director.
Ian Davies: Turner Media Innovations' new business development director
In his new role Davis will be charged with expanding the range of categories advertising on Turner Broadcasting channels, especially the five-channel children's portfolio Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Cartoonito.
In particular, Davis will look to expand the number of brands within the food, leisure and apparel sectors who advertise on the children's channels and attract new advertisers to film channel TCM.
Davis will report to Andrew Mallandaine, UK sales director.
Most recently Davis has worked as a media consultant for digital TV companies such as Film 24, Electric Sofa Media (which owns the digital channels FilmGB, SofaStars and SofaScreen) and Vintage TV.
Between 2005 and September 2009 Davis was managing director of independent TV sales house Optimal Media Sales where he oversaw the launch of Golf Channel UK and Film24 and the commercial operation for Welsh channel S4C.
In his close to 30-year career, Davis spent two years as executive media director at the Diageo-owned Translucis out of home digital network, and took various roles at former ITV sales house TSMS, including sales planning director.
Mallandaine said: "Ian has incredible experience and fantastic contacts throughout the industry and will be a valued addition. Our UK business is in excellent health, delivering year-on-year growth and we want to capitalise on this success by leveraging revenue potential in new areas."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- COPYWRITER - INTERNATIONAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northampton
- Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London
- Graphic Designer Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum + benefits, Newmarket