Weight Watchers appoints Davidson to head marketing
Weight Watchers has hired former Levi Strauss marketing director Julie Davidson to fill the position left vacant by the departure of vice-president of marketing, Lindsay Reisser-Weston.
Weight Watchers: opened its first branded Lifestyle Centre last month
The dieting brand will task Davidson with heading up brand strategy, which will include the development of integrated marketing campaigns.
Weight Watchers recruited Davidson after Reisser-Weston left in order to become global brand director at Castrol.
Davidson will be supported in her role by advertising brand manager Melissa Matthews, who was previously head of brand strategy at Samsung.
Weight Watchers said: "Julie brings a wealth of experience to the Weight Watchers brand from her previous marketing director roles at Levi Strauss, L’Oreal UK, Lasminute.com and the Boots beauty brands, to continue to drive us forward as industry leader."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...