Weight Watchers appoints Davidson to head marketing
Weight Watchers has hired former Levi Strauss marketing director Julie Davidson to fill the position left vacant by the departure of vice-president of marketing, Lindsay Reisser-Weston.
Weight Watchers: opened its first branded Lifestyle Centre last month
The dieting brand will task Davidson with heading up brand strategy, which will include the development of integrated marketing campaigns.
Weight Watchers recruited Davidson after Reisser-Weston left in order to become global brand director at Castrol.
Davidson will be supported in her role by advertising brand manager Melissa Matthews, who was previously head of brand strategy at Samsung.
Weight Watchers said: "Julie brings a wealth of experience to the Weight Watchers brand from her previous marketing director roles at Levi Strauss, L’Oreal UK, Lasminute.com and the Boots beauty brands, to continue to drive us forward as industry leader."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Creative Content Manager. Daniel Marks London £50-60k, London
- Senior Communications and Copywriting Executive Pitch Consultants £25000 - £28000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits, Coventry
- Junior to Mid-Weight Creative Teams Daniel Marks London £30-60k, London