NEWSPAPER ABCs: The i stalls after seven-month stellar run
Alexander Lebedev's 20p cut-price i has suffered its first blip after a stellar seven-month run, which has seen it add nearly 90,000 copies to its circulation.
The i: cut-price title's circulation was down 0.78% month on month in April
The i reported a circulation of 271,648 in April, down 0.78% on the previous month.
The reason for the blip is thought to relate to the Easter holiday, when reading newspapers becomes less habitual for regular readers.
The Easter period also appeared to impact the rest of the newspaper market.
The mid-market and quality titles were both down on the month. The red-tops nudged up 0.3% on the previous month.@johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London