VIDEO: Samsung marketer outlines Hope Relay goals
Andrew Garrihy, director of corporate marketing at Samsung Electronics, talks about the brand's Olympic 'Hope Relay' initiative at London's City Hall.
Samsung ambassador TV chef Jamie Oliver and champion track cyclist Victoria Pendleton
Samsung will donate £1 to charities which help underprivileged children, such as Kids Company and International Inspiration, for every mile members of the public participating in the relay cover in the run-up to the Olympics.
On Monday, it held a launch event at London's City Hall, where brand ambassadors TV chef Jamie Oliver and World and Olympic champion cyclist Victoria Pendleton, encouraged people to get involved.
Oliver and Pendleton unveiled a giant 'Samsung Wall of Hope' – a structure spelling out the words "Samsung Hope Relay" – and were the first to grab a pair of trainers and lead a mile-long walk along the track overlooking the Thames.
Participants can log their progress on the free-to-download Samsung Hope Relay app. This also allows them to create their own avatar, which can appear in Samsung ads, by snapping a headshot of themselves and placing them on one of the athletic bodies featured.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier.
Follow the producer team on Twitter: @BRproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)