VIDEO: Samsung marketer outlines Hope Relay goals
Andrew Garrihy, director of corporate marketing at Samsung Electronics, talks about the brand's Olympic 'Hope Relay' initiative at London's City Hall.
Samsung ambassador TV chef Jamie Oliver and champion track cyclist Victoria Pendleton
Samsung will donate £1 to charities which help underprivileged children, such as Kids Company and International Inspiration, for every mile members of the public participating in the relay cover in the run-up to the Olympics.
On Monday, it held a launch event at London's City Hall, where brand ambassadors TV chef Jamie Oliver and World and Olympic champion cyclist Victoria Pendleton, encouraged people to get involved.
Oliver and Pendleton unveiled a giant 'Samsung Wall of Hope' – a structure spelling out the words "Samsung Hope Relay" – and were the first to grab a pair of trainers and lead a mile-long walk along the track overlooking the Thames.
Participants can log their progress on the free-to-download Samsung Hope Relay app. This also allows them to create their own avatar, which can appear in Samsung ads, by snapping a headshot of themselves and placing them on one of the athletic bodies featured.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier.
Follow the producer team on Twitter: @BRproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London