McDonald's trials McWaiter service
McDonald's is trialling table service at a number of its British outlets in a move to drum up customer numbers and improve the quality of its service.
McDonald's: trialling table service at its concept restaurant in Milton Keynes
McDonald’s has been testing out several initiatives including table service, which, if successful, could be rolled out across its 1,200 UK outlets.
McDonald's is testing table service at its concept restaurant in Milton Keynes, at peak times.
Fast-food outlets have increasingly sought to trial new initiatives, including new technology and food products, at a number of selected restaurants, in a bid to gain competitive advantage over their rivals.
The Milton Keynes outlet has state-of-the-art décor, as well as boasting iPads and a "magic-zone" for children.
Additionally, in an effort to try and entice business customers, it has a private meeting room with a boardroom.
Like McDonalds, Pizza Express is trailing a number of similar, cutting-edge initiatives at a concept store.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London