McDonald's trials McWaiter service
McDonald's is trialling table service at a number of its British outlets in a move to drum up customer numbers and improve the quality of its service.
McDonald's: trialling table service at its concept restaurant in Milton Keynes
McDonald’s has been testing out several initiatives including table service, which, if successful, could be rolled out across its 1,200 UK outlets.
McDonald's is testing table service at its concept restaurant in Milton Keynes, at peak times.
Fast-food outlets have increasingly sought to trial new initiatives, including new technology and food products, at a number of selected restaurants, in a bid to gain competitive advantage over their rivals.
The Milton Keynes outlet has state-of-the-art décor, as well as boasting iPads and a "magic-zone" for children.
Additionally, in an effort to try and entice business customers, it has a private meeting room with a boardroom.
Like McDonalds, Pizza Express is trailing a number of similar, cutting-edge initiatives at a concept store.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London