Subway out-muscles McDonald's on Facebook
Subway UK's Facebook page has overtaken McDonald's equivalent in terms of fans, making it one of the most popular UK fast food pages.
Subway: UK Facebook page overtakes McDonald's
It also has higher levels of engagement than the burger giant which, according to the Facebook metric, has 2,257 consumers "talking about it", more than 6,000 less than Subway with 8,877.
This peaked in April at 26,308 meaning that 13.5% of the fan base was actively engaging with the Facebook Page in some way, placing the sandwich chain among the leaders in the industry.
Subway’s social media strategy, which is handled by WCRS, has been built around community management and campaign engagement. This year it launched two campaign initiatives around health, "Live Fresh, Win Big" and "Train Hard, Eat Fresh", with strong social media presences.
The latter, which launched earlier this month, is centred around its new set of sporting brand ambassadors including pole-vaulter Holley Bleasdale and boxer Anthony Ogogo, who will both be competing at this summer's Olympic Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London