Subway out-muscles McDonald's on Facebook
Subway UK's Facebook page has overtaken McDonald's equivalent in terms of fans, making it one of the most popular UK fast food pages.
Subway: UK Facebook page overtakes McDonald's
It also has higher levels of engagement than the burger giant which, according to the Facebook metric, has 2,257 consumers "talking about it", more than 6,000 less than Subway with 8,877.
This peaked in April at 26,308 meaning that 13.5% of the fan base was actively engaging with the Facebook Page in some way, placing the sandwich chain among the leaders in the industry.
Subway’s social media strategy, which is handled by WCRS, has been built around community management and campaign engagement. This year it launched two campaign initiatives around health, "Live Fresh, Win Big" and "Train Hard, Eat Fresh", with strong social media presences.
The latter, which launched earlier this month, is centred around its new set of sporting brand ambassadors including pole-vaulter Holley Bleasdale and boxer Anthony Ogogo, who will both be competing at this summer's Olympic Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)