Samsung launches social media hub for Olympics activity
Samsung has rolled out an Olympics Facebook app to allow users to get closer to the Olympics, by serving them personalised content, based on their profile interests.
Samsung: unveils its Everyone's Olympic Games app
The Everyone’s Olympic Games app, created by Jam, works as a social media hub for Samsung’s Olympics content, and includes information on Samsung-sponsored athletes, the Olympic Torch Relay and the Samsung Hope Relay.
It also enables users to apply to be a Samsung Global Blogger for the Olympic Games and allows visitors to enter a competition to win tickets.
The app serves users bespoke information based on their Facebook profiles, such as their location and what their friends are sharing. It also pulls in content from Twitter relating to Samsung activity and sponsored athletes.
On Monday (16 May), Samsung launched its Hope Relay and announced it will donate £1 for every mile covered by members of the public participating in the relay in the run-up to the Olympics, to charities which help underprivileged children, such as Kids Company and International Inspiration.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire