Samsung launches social media hub for Olympics activity
Samsung has rolled out an Olympics Facebook app to allow users to get closer to the Olympics, by serving them personalised content, based on their profile interests.
Samsung: unveils its Everyone's Olympic Games app
The Everyone’s Olympic Games app, created by Jam, works as a social media hub for Samsung’s Olympics content, and includes information on Samsung-sponsored athletes, the Olympic Torch Relay and the Samsung Hope Relay.
It also enables users to apply to be a Samsung Global Blogger for the Olympic Games and allows visitors to enter a competition to win tickets.
The app serves users bespoke information based on their Facebook profiles, such as their location and what their friends are sharing. It also pulls in content from Twitter relating to Samsung activity and sponsored athletes.
On Monday (16 May), Samsung launched its Hope Relay and announced it will donate £1 for every mile covered by members of the public participating in the relay in the run-up to the Olympics, to charities which help underprivileged children, such as Kids Company and International Inspiration.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London